Last Updated and Effective as of: January 1, 2022
World Pulse understands that privacy is important to you. Protecting your private information is our priority.
- We collect information when it is voluntarily provided by you (see Information We Collect;How We Collect It;How We Use It).
- We automatically collect information from users of our Services for user authentication, device security, and for analytical purposes (see Information We Collect;How We Collect It;How We Use It; and Cookies and Tracking Technologies).
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you can access, delete and control certain uses of your personal information (see Additional European Disclosures).
- We have specific policies to protect donor privacy (see Donor Information)
Our Platform is provided from the United States and all servers that make it available reside in the United States. You understand that data stored in the United States may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the United States.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT; HOW WE COLLECT IT; HOW WE USE IT
We collect certain information that specifically identifies, describes, or references a particular consumer ("personal information"). We collect personal information, including:
- Registration Information. When you create an account through our Services, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, username, and a password. You may also provide your nationality and a photo of yourself to be associated with your user profile.
- Communication Information. When you contact us or sign up for our newsletter, you provide us with your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide over such communication, including information about your query.
- Purchase information. When you make a purchase or donation through our Services, you provide us with your name, email address, and phone number, and may choose to provide us with your mailing address, preferred pronouns, and the name of your company. You also provide us with payment information, which may include your credit card or bank account information. Your archived payment information is maintained by our third-party payment providers in a secure and safe environment. Additional information can be found in the section below titled Donor Information.
We may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us, and to personalize your experience on the Services.
- To operate the Services and to provide you with any specific services you have requested.
- To send you updates and communications about our organization digitally and through the mail.
- To collect or process donations, and to maintain donation records.
- To process and fulfill your order, and to notify you of your order status.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Services.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your direct inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To provide you advertising for products, services, and other charitable organizations that may be of interest to you.
- To provide opportunities to further engage with the Services through advocacy and fundraising campaigns.
- To deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests.
- To administer surveys and promotions.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases, and other technology assets.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and fulfillment.
- To provide donors with acknowledgment letters including tax information about their donations.
- To conduct annual financial audits and create yearly financial reports.
- To comply with non-profit or charity reporting or registration requirements.
- To comply with tax audits and assessments.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, legal process, or governmental regulation.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation, or the policies for the Services.
- To transfer your information in connection with a bankruptcy proceeding or the sale, merger, or change of control of the company or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated.
We may permit our vendors and subcontractors to access your information, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use any personal information for their own benefit. Please note that if you consent to additional uses of your information, we may use your information in a manner consistent with that consent.
If you choose to share content with the WP community through our Services, the shared content may be publicly accessible. If you do not want to share content publicly, you can use your privacy settings to limit sharing. You may delete some content that you shared, but some interactive shared content may persist in association with your registered user account, even after your account is terminated. Therefore, you should keep this in mind when participating in shared content activity through our Services.
Please be advised that "non-personal information" (i.e., information that does not personally identify you, such as aggregated data) may be shared with any number of parties and may be used in any manner consistent with applicable law. Without limiting the forgoing, as used herein, personal information does not include information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records, or de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information.
- OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third-party websites, apps, or services from within the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites, and by providing a link, we are not endorsing or promoting such third-party sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party site or service that you visit or use, including those third parties with whom you interact through our Services.
The Website may also integrate with social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Website, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third-party services to operate properly and fairly. You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network, or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others.
WP collects and maintains personal information provided by donors (see Information We Collect;How We Collect It;How We Use It). We will only make this information available to meet required legal and financial reporting requirements. When making donations, you can request to have your name withheld from public recognition by requesting that your donation be "anonymous."
- PUBLIC FORUMS
Our Services include public forums where users may upload, post, email, transmit and/or otherwise make available user-generated content, such as "My Pulse," "Explore," and "Resources" and other forums that may be viewed by users of the Services ("Public Forums"). Users of the Services are solely responsible for all messages and other material that they upload, post, email, transmit and/or otherwise make available through Public Forums. Be aware that personal information that you transmit online may be viewed and used by others. WP is unable to control third-party access to and use of your personal information through Public Forums. By using the Services and voluntarily disclosing such information, you assume the risk that such information may be viewed and used by third parties.
- EDITING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
You may edit your personal information and preferences, including your agreement to allow WP to send you electronic correspondence, by navigating to your profile icon on the top of the Website home page. From the drop-down box different tabs will enable you to edit your profile, username, and notification settings.
For questions about changing or editing the personal information that we collect and maintain about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the chat box available on every section of the Website.
- COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We, our service providers, or our third-party partners may also automatically collect information from you when you visit our Website through cookies and other tracking technologies. Such information does not directly identify you as an individual and may include:
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
Site and Platform Analytics:
There are other different types of cookies, depending on the service they provide: According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, they can be distinguished as follows:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks. Personalisation cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the data controller to track and analyze the behavior of the users on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles for the users on these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the use data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces, if any, that the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, in their case, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Depending on the type of cookies used, different types of data are also obtained, and therefore the level of intrusion is variable. We can establish three levels of intrusion:
- Level 1 or non-intrusive cookies: these are login cookies on sites where there are registered users, shopping carts, viewing preferences... they are inherent to the system and blocking them would result in not being able to use the requested services. (Technical, Personalisation cookies)
- Level 2 or minimally intrusive: these are cookies for your own use linked to third party services, such as those for analysis and statistics. An example may be the cookies used by Google Analytics or Yahoo Web Analytics. (Analysis cookies)
- Level 3 or moderately intrusive: these are provided, managed and used by third parties in order to obtain data for advertising sites (banners) or the use of social content (social network plugin) and that must be expressly authorized by the user. In the case of social network cookies, consent is given on the social network sites themselves. (Advertising, Behavioral advertising cookies)
Next, we offer you a list of the cookies generated by www.worldpulse.org and www.worldpulse.org/impact their levels of intrusion, so that you can check that we will only use the necessary cookies to provide the service, and the level of intrusion is the minimum possible. In addition to the cookies generated by www.worldpulse.org and www.worldpulse.org/impact, there may be third party cookies, generated by the browser itself, operating system, traffic tracking tools, etc.
We cannot specify all of them since it depends on which operating system or browser the user accesses the website with. If, at any time, we detect the presence of cookies with a HIGH intrusion PROFILE, we will duly inform you, expressly requesting that you accept that we use them during your navigation.
|According to their manager||PURPOSE OF THE COOKIE||INTRUSION LEVEL||DURATION (session or permanent)|
|Analysis of web traffic, visits, navigation preferences... https://policies.google.com/technologies/types?hl=es-US||Minimum||Between 1 day and 20 years|
|Helpcrunch||Site chat support||Medium||Up to 1 year|
|Hotjar||User behavior analysis||Medium||Up to 1 year|
You have the option of configuring your browser to be warned on screen of the reception of cookies and to prevent the installation of cookies on your hard drive, although we do not recommend it since it is possible that you may lose some of the site's functionalities, be unable to access different parts of the website or take advantage of some of our services, and because, broadly speaking, one of the advantages is the convenience of not having to include your data every time you enter your profile on our website. The way you should configure it will depend on the characteristics of your browser. You can restrict, block or delete cookies from any website, through your browser, the instructions for each are as follows:
- For more information about Google Chrome click here.
- For more information about Firefox click here.
- For more information about Internet Explorer click here.
- For more information about Opera click here.
- For more information about Safari click here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- DATA SECURITY
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure due to the inherent open nature of the Internet. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
- DATA RETENTION
We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with our Services, and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate or anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize or aggregate your personal information.
- CHILDREN'S DATA
Our Services are intended for users ages 16 and over. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. When we become aware that personal information (or other information that is protected under applicable law) from a child under 13 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our databases. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notifications or Messages: If you do not want to receive email or other communications from WP—other than service announcements, administrative messages (including email messages related to security breaches), and/or other information that we are required to provide to you—please follow the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any electronic communication you receive from us. You also may send an email to email@example.com to request that you be removed from our mailing list.
- Account Termination: You may request deletion of your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- Cookies: If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Services or some of their functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve personal information from your device without your knowledge.
ADDITIONAL EUROPEAN DISCLOSURES
IF YOU ARE SITUATED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, SWITZERLAND, OR THE UNITED KINGDOM, THIS SECTION APPLIES TO OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ADDITIONAL RIGHTS YOU HAVE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
We will only use your personal data, as that term is defined under the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where you have consented to a certain use of your personal data.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, we will also process, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
WP is the data controller of all personal data collected through our Services. To contact us, please see the section titled Contact.
If you are situated in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local supervisory authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance. If you have a complaint, please contact our privacy manager can be contacted here: email@example.com.
Provision of personal data and failure to provide personal data:
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Collection of personal data from third-party sources:
We do not collect personal data about you through public sources. We may obtain personal data and other information about you through our third-party partners who help us provide our products and services to you.
Withdrawing your consent:
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may transfer personal data from the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK to the USA and other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission or the UK data protection authorities to have an adequate level of data protection. Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission or UK data protection authorities which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For more information about how we transfer your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Use of your personal data for marketing purposes:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
- Promotional offers from us: We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or used our services and, in each case, you have consented to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Data Subject Rights:
If you are situated in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, under the GDPR, as a data subject, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order for you to assert these rights, we may need to verify your identity to confirm your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In order to verify your identity, we may need to gather more personal data from you than we currently have.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints about how we use your information, or would like us to delete your personal information from the Services and our records, please contact us:
- Via email (general): email@example.com
- Via telephone: +1.503.734.2383