Jun 7, 2022
Are you leading an initiative to create change in your community? Do you have an idea for a transformative project or campaign? Apply to join the World Pulse Changemakers Lab!
World Pulse is thrilled to announce the launch of the World Pulse Changemakers Lab! This six month digital program will introduce you to the digital tools and tactical building blocks you need to enhance your online and on-the-ground work. Whether you have the seed of an idea or a project that’s well underway, the Changemakers Lab is for you.
When you join the Changemakers’ Lab, you’ll work in community alongside World Pulse members and learn strategic and tactical methods for creating or enhancing your impact initiative or advocacy campaign. At the end of the program, participants will have a robust changemaking strategy, theory of change, and digital action plan to create transformational change in your community and the world.
Applications to join the Changemakers Lab open Monday, 30 May and close 19 June.
As a Changemakers Lab participant, you will:
- Nurture and grow your initiative with new online and offline skills
- Collaborate with amazing global changemakers
- Earn Changemaking certificates and badges
- Access mentors for personalized guidance
- Be eligible for awards and global promotion to media, funders, and international forums
By joining the Changemakers Lab, participants will:
- Dedicate 10-15 monthly hours (around 2-4 weekly hours) to the completion of the program.
- Watch the monthly pre-recorded training sessions and integrating it into your strategy or current work.
- Participate in the monthly live sessions in order to build a cohesive, trusting, collaborative, and supportive cohort of changemaking peers who will help each other problem-solve, and share encouragement and feedback with each other.
- Complete the program’s monthly activities, which include:
- Post an Initiative Update related to the monthly module.
- Post your insights, questions, ideas, and feedback as comments on at least two of your peers’ Initiative Updates.
Ready to Apply? Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Launch an Initiative on World Pulse. Create an Initiative on World Pulse to share your project or your idea with the community. This Initiative should relate to the project you want to work on during the lab. It doesn’t matter if your initiative is well underway or still just an idea or plan. Tell us about your vision, so we can help you further your impact. Find guidance on how to create an Initiative on World Pulse here.
Step 2: Fill out the pre-assessment form. After you have created your Initiative on World Pulse, fill out this short form to help World Pulse tailor the content of the lab to the needs of the community.
If you have questions, we're here to support! Here are five ways to learn more:
-> Learn more about the Changemakers Lab. Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
-> Join the live Q&A Session! 9 June at 2pm UTC. Click here to register.
-> If you have additional questions about the program, email email@example.com.
-> Need more support to apply? Set up a 30-minute meeting with World Pulse's Ana Lozano.
-> Need help setting up your Initiative on World Pulse? Reach out to our Community Support team via the chat icon on the bottom right of your screen.