Sep 1, 2023
Let's amplify girls' voices and inspire with our stories.
Across geographies, and despite daunting challenges, girls and young women are rising up and leading the way toward a new, more equitable future. As International Day of the Girl— 11 October — approaches, join us as we share our stories and celebrate the achievements and potential of girls everywhere.
No matter what story you have to tell, your voice matters and we want to hear from you. You could even be selected to become a Featured Storyteller and receive a $100 US honorarium!*
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Share a tribute to a girl in your family or community. Why are you proud of her?
- Tell a story about what it was like for you as a young girl. Have things changed for girls today?
- Share a story about the greatest challenges girls face in your community. What could help?
- Share about the work you do, and what you hope it will accomplish for the next generation of women leaders.
- Write a letter to a young girl in your life. What are your dreams for her?
- Write a letter to your younger self. What do you wish you knew as a girl?
* Share by 1 October for a chance to be included in World Pulse's Day of the Girl social media promotions or invited to participate in a World Pulse video. World Pulse will also select 1 to 3 Featured Storytellers to win a Story Award and receive publication and a $100 US honorarium! Be sure to tag your story with "Girl Power".
This month, we're also talking about:
Self Care: September is Self Care Awareness month. When we care for ourselves, we are better able to care for our communities. Tell us about your self-care strategies and what self care means to you. Share your story.
Not sure where to start?
Help us spread the word
Know someone who has a story to tell? Tag her in the comments or invite her to join World Pulse.